When people look at a video that is beautifully edited or a photo that looks phenomenal, most of us say that “Yeah! I could totally do that on my own” but when you actually try to do it you think what the hell you were even thinking before saying those words. This is a pretty common problem among many people, and it occurs because most people have no realization of how Graphic Designing works and how people make amazing things take a form of reality. Of course, being a professional takes a long time, and making wonderous designs is usually made by pros only but that is not true for all of you. Most people who have the talent just need a little nudge in the right direction and they can make things that make professionals look like fools. What you need if you are a new guy into the world of graphic Designing such as Karikatur is a proper foundation and some tricks to help you make unique polished-looking work. To help you change this we have made you a list of important Elements in Graphic Designing but before we begin you should probably understand what Graphic Elements are and how to use them to make the most out of them.
Visual Designing elements are more like principals and set of guidelines which people follow in order to create a stunning piece of work. Most of the Graphic Designers follow them by heart but if someone disregards them it has some other additional merit in order to help compensate for the unfollowed addendums. But not following them could also mean taking a risk with your work which if you are a beginner you should never do. Now we will discuss the most basic Elements and make sure that you understand all of them.
- Color- Newton helped us differentiate between white light and different types of colors that originate from it, this was the biggest discovery of that time and those colors are still used till today in innumerable methods. The origin of colors is said to be from three parent colors RED, GREEN, and BLUE. They make up the whole set of colors and it can be done by taking varying amounts of them. A tip that most people follow is when you are selecting hues for your project you should take the opposite colors on the wheel as they can help you create a pleasing combination of said colors.
- Line- Lines are borders that help you separate things from one another when used in a project Lines can be more than just Dividers or borders, they can create a whole new picture on their own when used properly. Eyebrows of a character, when made in the opposite direction, can portray anger or happiness and nothing has to change, all that is changed is the direction of lines. There is a concept called mood lines that could help you take the defining of your projects and its borders to the next level just by using these said mood lines. Using different mood lines can create a beautiful contrast between the two given scenes so you should experiment with them.
- Scale- scaling is an important part of designing in a project and if you scale inappropriately it can change the whole feel of that given work. Making things bigger or smaller can have a great impact on the work as a whole and you should always keep in mind how your audience is viewing the project as a whole. One thing that you should always be aware of is the fact that Scale is not the same thing as Size, both are quite different but people use them interchangeably. Size is about the absolute measurement of a given piece or element while scale can be used to directly link the elements and their size.
- Shape- shapes do not seem an important part which people need to learn about since most of us has gone to preschool, that’s what most people think but there is a whole world of opportunities you are leaving if you are taking your time to efficiently learn how to use shapes, and you will be a fool to do so. Two types of basic shapes are Geometric and Organic shapes. Both are quite different from each other and they both can be used at different times. You need to experiment with the given shapes in order to find out which one would work the best in your project.
- Alignment- aligning an element can be crucial for making sure that nothing is getting messed up in a work. Graphic Designers when making projects are always keeping one thing in mind and that is making sure that everything aligns in order and none of them are out of alignment with respect to their peer elements. Element to element alignment is also crucial and if you go ignore them you can make your whole work messy. Texts and typography seen in projects are the main reason alignment is done but that does not mean you can ignore the other elements like shapes and lines.
- Contrast- Contrast means making sure that two elements are quite different from each other fit in a single work and if they are working as acting a visual differentiation at a place. This is a really complex process and using the proper colors and hues is important to make elements contrast each other.
- Space – proper spacing means making sure that every element gets their space and they are not so tightly packed that the whole narrative is messed up or they are not so loosely spaced that everything feels a little off. Arranging a set of elements in groups and placing them together means spacing them differently and this can make them either pop up or get them to blend in the background. This kind of work needs to be detailed and you should always make sure that you are spacing every element how it should be.